Thursday, September 23, 2010

Ethiopia on my mind

This is the website for a really cool French NGO working in Ethiopia. It's called Ethiopia on my mind. The group focuses on two complementary areas. One is sustainable development projects to improve incomes and restore the natural environment. The other area of action, and the most unique of any development NGO I've ever seen, is the preservation of Ethiopia's spiritual heritage. The Ethiopian Orthodox church is an ancient institution, with countless riches in the form of architecture, art, and even intangible things like songs and improvised poetry. The church also serves as a major channel for helping society's poorest members, for schooling, and even for preservation of natural areas in the form of sacred groves and forests. To strengthen and preserve Ethiopia's spiritual heritage is thus to strengthen the cultural basis for the country's future development.

I translated EOMM's site into English. If you like what you see, hire me to translate your site! (I can translate to or from English, Spanish, French, and Haitian Kreyol).

No comments:

Post a Comment