Sunday, March 30, 2014

On real food

I have discussed in the past my disdain for radical diets and the marketing of food-like products as real food.  On this same note, I have written criticisms of people who purport to have improved upon real food, and cited others who resoundingly state that this is impossible

Much of my thinking and blogging on this has been inspired, or at least framed, by Michael Pollan's injunction to "Eat food.  Not too much.  Mostly plants," which I'm amazed that I've never discussed or linked to on my blog.  I guess it has been so present in my thinking that I just assumed I'd already talked about it.  A fish noticing the water and all.

Anyway, this revisiting of links about real food was inspired by a recent review of scientific literature that comes to the obvious conclusion that eating real food is better for you than any fad diet.

I am also re-linking to a great video spoofing how simple it really should be to eat healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment