Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Raising white kids as anti-racists

This is what I think is a very good, straightforward discussion of how we can raise our white American children to acknowledge race's role in our society while also committing to fight racismI've written before on my own reflections in this sense.  The article comes from the US Catholic magazine, which has a lot of consideration of religion and social justice that is right up my alley.  That said, I am inclined not to read such a magazine too much, since it jibes so closely with my own convictions.  I can't learn a lot from people who are already on the same page as I am.  In a future blog I hope to discuss my forays into more conservative current writing, precisely as a way to challenge myself to consider new viewpoints in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment