Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Cool cultural production from Ava Duvernay and Common

I know I'm late to catch on to the latest cultural trends, since I don't have a TV or live in the States.  But in case some readers are even more clueless than I am, I wanted to share a few videos I recently became aware of.

The first is the short film for Common's song Black America Again, from the album of the same name.  It's directed by Ava Duvernay, perhaps the hottest director around right now.







Speaking of Common and Ava Duvernay, I finally saw the video for the song Glory, which I know was a big deal a few years ago, but again, I don't get out to the movie theater that much.  So I still haven't seen Selma, but I'd like to.


In the meanwhile, one Duvernay film I do intend to see is the documentary 13th, about the criminal justice system.  It's available on Netflix, so this one I will actually have access to.

No comments:

Post a Comment