Monday, July 5, 2010

Supporting small farmers, especially women farmers

Here's a website for the ESFIM program, "Empowering Smallholder Farmers in Markets". I like that it starts from the recognition of the importance of small farmers for development, food security, and poverty alleviation. I'm also proud that the organization that created my masters program (Agrinatura, which created the Agris Mundus MSc I completed two years ago) is a founding member of ESFIM.

Here's a website on an agriculture and business training study specifically directed at women. It again recognizes the importance of farming, but furthermore focuses on women, who in many parts of the developing world are the main farmers.

And finally I'm attaching another report on the importance of smallholder farmers for reducing hunger and poverty, also with a focus on women farmers. This one is from ActionAid.

No comments:

Post a Comment