Sunday, August 1, 2010

Ultramarathoning and food

This is an interesting article about an ultramarathoner. He runs races of over a hundred miles, which I find amazing and sort of weird. I can't imagine dedicating my life to just running everyday. 50-mile practice runs, training, races. I actually think it would be kind of cool to live this life focused on the self, on running, on a clear mind, but only for a while. Maybe it would be good for a few year stretch after one has lost a loved one, or suffered a heartbreak, or generally needs to think a lot. But after a while I think I'd get sick of just living to run.

Obviously to fuel his body for these runs, the guy is eating more than 5000 calories every day! I don't find it that odd that he can do this as a vegan--I know that plants can easily provide all one's energy needs, and meeting your protein intake follows if you're eating enough every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment